3.23.2012

2/17/12 Exchanging each new knowledge

On February 17th, I met other grads students again with my mentor and discussed our development in research.

Each of us learned many things about our topics, but we needed to start considering what we will to talk about in symposium.

Even though I cannot go, these grads students and my mentor will go to California sometime this year and they will interview workers who work at the factory, company, and organization that help to crean the environment or produce pollution. Just only listening to them is exciting enough to learn many connection between each companies and environment which eventually effect on the cause of asthma.

I gradually get to know these grads students, so we can exchange our idea and thoughts more smoothly than before, which is nice to work at college where no one was my friend.
The grads student who Iran always brings the news that I have never heard and the pictures that I haven't seen before. Since Iran country itself neglects controlling the air pollution, she told me that country hardly allow citizens to claim about pollution and bad environment.

When I research about Asthma and environment in Japan, I try to look for interesting, eye-catching news that no one ever heard; however, I am struggling to find those news...

I hope I can find some news that I can show in the symposium in May.

5 comments:

  1. Miki -- your research on relationship between asthma and environment is very interesting, as you mentioned, japan is not considered one of the more polluted air country and thus is difficult to find news/sources regarding to air quality. However, I was wondering if the constant earthquakes or volcano will affect air quality? (just a thought)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Miki, your research on asthma sounds very interesting. I can definitely see a connection between bad environment and cause of asthma. I also found interesting how different countries have different policies toward pollution. Do you think more protective policies on working conditions will help prevent workers from getting asthma?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice blog post, Miki. This entry provides a nice perspective on your work and shows development of your project. The information that you can include like this, the better.

    ReplyDelete